Controlled Burn near Lunsford Corner
From: Raven Lawson
Sent: Thursday, March 21, 2019 4:50 PM
Subject: Burn Friday 3/22
In addition to the burn on the Winona Dam tomorrow we will also be conducting a second burn north of the lake off of highway 300. This burn will be conducted by The Nature Conservancy and is in the area of Lunsford Corner. We will be closing the trail in this area beginning at 7am and the trail will remain closed for 24hrs. As this is a much higher-profile burn and will directly affect the Ouachita Trail during Spring Break.
The Beauty of the Ouachita Trail
Click a photo to enlarge it.
Friends of the Ouachita Trail (FoOT) is a non-profit organization (IRS 501c3) created by trail users to maintain the Ouachita National Recreation Trail as a healthy and enjoyable outdoor recreational asset. FoOT is organized exclusively to provide assistance for the maintenance, enhancement and use of the Ouachita National Recreation Trail.
What Can I Do To Help?
- 01/07/2019 – Forest Service Proposes Open Pit Mining Operation Next to the OT
- 12/23/2018 – Ed & Sue Hawkins Retirement / FoOT Leadership for 2019
- 11/30/2018 – FoOT Awarded Recreational Trails Program Grant
- 11/16/2018 – Friends of the Ouachita Trail (FoOT) Annual Meeting 2018
- 11/16/2018 – FoOT Fall Maintenance Event 2018
- 10/05/2018 – Final Maintenance Reports for FY2018
- 08/29/2018 – Confirmation of Fall Maintenance Event
- 07/12/2018 – HR. 5636, The Flatside Enhancement Act