Links on this page are restricted to businesses that have a real relationship with FoOT or offer goods or services locally to trail users.
Click bold organization names to view websites or Facebook pages.
Businesses offering discounts to FoOT members:
- Coffee Creek Resort – RV Park and motel near the Eastern end of the Ouachita trail at Perryville, AR offers discounts to volunteers when they are on trail working trips.
- Tim Ernst’s Cloudland.net Online Store – Get your copy of Tim’s super guide to the Ouachita Trail here – the Official Guidebook of FoOT! Ask about the FoOT Member discount.
- Ouachita Outdoor Outfitters – Outdoors store in Hot Springs, AR offering 10% discount to FoOT members.
- Rich Mountain Cabins and RV Park – RV park and cabins at Rich Mountain, AR near Queen Wilhelmina State Park offers camping discount to FoOT members while doing trail maintenance.
- Big Cedar RV Park and Cabins– RV Park near the Ouachita trail in Big Cedar, OK.
The following have supported FoOT with donations of money, equipment or time:
- Backwoods – Outdoor Clothing & Gear in Tulsa, OK
- Ben Meadows Company
Electrolux Home Products/Poulan Weedeaters
- Highlander Cycling – Russellville, AR
- International Paper Co.
- Nations Small Engines, Inc., Hot Springs, AR – 501-767-6345
- Pack Rat Outdoor Center
Trail Organizations and Hiking clubs:
- Oklahoma Outdoor Network
- Arkansas Master Naturalists
- American Trails
- TAKAHIK River Valley Hikers (Russellville, AR)
- Partners for Pinnacle
- Ouachita Mountain Hikers
- Green Country Outdoor Club
- Ozark Highlands Trail Association
- Ozark Trail Association
- American Hiking Society
- Ozark Society
- U. S. Outdoor Hiking Resource Guide
Government Agencies Working With FoOT:
- Arkansas Trails Council
- Ouachita, Ozark & St. Francis National Forests
- ONF prescribed burn information
- Arkansas State Parks
- Pinnacle Mountain State Park
- Queen Wilhelmina State Park
Sites maintained by FoOT members and volunteers:
- TrailHankie.com – “Hiker Hank” – FoOT volunteer and maker of the Trail Hankie, now available for the Ouachita Trail
- Arklahoma Hiker – Information and blog about hiking in western Arkansas and Eastern Oklahoma, by Mike Newman, maintainer in section 1.
- Arkansas Trails Forum – A discussion forum all about the trails of Arkansas, hosted by Tom Trigg, volunteer adopter in Section 2. The site has a section devoted to the Ouachita Trail and a sub-topic for FoOT-related discussion.
- Ouachita Mountain Hikers
Other sites with Ouachita Trail information & resources:
- Backpacking Routes – A travelogue and how-to guide for a Ouachita Trail thru-hike, plus resources for other backpacking trips sorted by length, region, and difficulty.
- Ouachitamaps – “Hiking trails of the Ouachitas and Ozarks”. Charlie Williams’ site with information about the OT, especially the western end. Also has information about shuttles.
- Ouachita Trail Backpacking Guide from “JD” Smith. Volume 1 – Talimena State Park to Upper Kiamichi and Volume 2 – Upper Kiamichi to Big Brushy Recreation Area. PDF guides, with maps, photos and trail descriptions can be downloaded via these links.
- Hike the OT – trail information, donate, shop.