Donate Your Time
Friends of the Ouachita Trail (FoOT) is an all-volunteer force. The most important thing you can do is dedicate your time to help accomplish our mission. Volunteers can either adopt a section of trail or join periodic work parties. Information on both is listed below.
Provide Financial Support
FoOT also needs financial support. Contributions in any amount are appreciated. Please make checks payable to “Friends of the Ouachita Trail” and send them to:
Friends of the Ouachita Trail
PO Box 8630
Hot Springs, AR 71910
Membership in FoOT is offered to those who contribute their time to perform trail maintenance, other work such as fund raising or clerical work, or to those who provide financial support.
Membership categories include the following:
- WORKING MEMBER/ORGANIZATION: Adopts a trail section for maintenance OR works at least ten (10) hours on FoOT activities.
- SUPPORTING MEMBER: Does not work or works less than ten (10) hours on FoOT activities AND pays a membership fee of at least $25.00.
- SUSTAINING MEMBER: Adopts a trail section or works at least ten (10) hours on FoOT activities AND pays a membership fee of at least $15.00.
- SUPPORTING ORGANIZATION: Does not work or works less than ten (10) hours on FoOT activities AND pays a membership fee of at least $50.00.
- SUSTAINING ORGANIZATION: Adopts a trail section or works at least ten (10) hours on FoOT activities AND pays a membership fee of at least $30.00.
CLICK HERE for a Membership Application.
Adopt a Section of Trail
If you are interested in helping FoOT maintain the OT, consider adopting a section of the trail! Sections marked as ‘Not Adopted’ on the Trail Conditions Report are available for adoption now. Other sections can be “split-off” from a currently adopted section and our members are sometimes agreeable to “swap” a section they had previously adopted, so if you know a section you’d like to adopt and maintain, even if it is not listed below, please contact us about it. Whenever possible, please refer to mileages as noted in Tim Ernst’s Ouachita Trail Guide or the Trail Condition Report when naming a section you’d like to adopt.
Remember: larger sections can be divided into smaller pieces or adopted by a group, club, or team of family and/or friends. To adopt a section of the OT, or for answers to trail adoption questions, please click the link below to contact our Adoption/Volunteer Coordinator. After you sign up you will receive your “adoption papers” and Trail Maintenance Guide.
Join the FoOT Patrol Team
We would really like for you to adopt a section of trail of your very own. If you would like to help with trail maintenance, but some reason you cannot adopt your own section of the Ouachita Trail, you can become a Working or Sustaining Member of FoOT with all the benefits by joining the FoOT Patrol Team.
The FoOT Patrol is a group of volunteers who assist the regular trail adopters with large projects and do special projects on the Ouachita Trail PLUS we have fun while doing so. You will be a sort of Volunteer Independent Contractor or Free Agent!! You could join planned group outings, or you will need to contact FoOT at least two times a year to find projects you can do on your own or help a trail adopter with their section. Click the link below to contact our Adoption/Volunteer Coordinator about becoming become a member of the FoOT Patrol team.