Links to websites are shown in bold below.
Ouachita Trail shuttle information – Oklahoma:
- Big Cedar RV Park, Big Cedar OK, (918) 651-3271. Big Cedar RV is only providing hiker shuttles for their guests. (April 7, 2008).
- Ouachita Trail Guide, (918) 383-0060. – Promoting use of the Ouachita National Recreation Trail and Winding Stair Recreation Area. Provides shuttle services, resupply and trail guides for hikers.
- Park Ranger at Talimena State Park OK, 918-567-2052.
- Woodswitch Farm, Mena AR, (479) 437-3549, mobile (936) 825-1441. Located 2.2 miles east the AR/OK border on AR 8 (OK 63). Besides hiker shuttles, Woodswitch boards horses and can help with equestrian shuttles. Ask for Sam.
Ouachita Trail shuttle information – Arkansas:
- Bluebell Cafe, Story AR, 870-867-3999. Located at 8 AR Highway 298 East near OT mile 122. Call Lori ahead since there is no Internet service at the store and no cell phone service in the area. Hiker care packages may also be mailed there for later pickup. Their Facebook page is Bluebell Cafe and Country Store. Online messages will be responded to when possible but please call for the quickest response.
- Ronnie at Hwy 27 Fishing Village near section 6, 870-867-2211, ask and if he can’t help he will probably know who can.
- Ouachita River Haven Resort, Located near Mt. Ida, Hot Springs and Mena, AR, (870) 326-4941 or (877) 314-2836. Stay in a cabin, camp out or bring your RV. Fish, canoe or swim in the river and hike, bike or ATV in the national forest.
- Ouachita Outdoor Outfitters, Hot Springs AR, 501-767-1373. Not located near trail but can help in eastern portions near Hot Springs, OT miles 121 – 190. Contact Don Jackson at email@example.com.
- For emergencies only: Highway 7 east to Pinnacle Mt. State Park. Call Bill Mooney 501-330-2843.